Anchor Church exists to glorify the Father by making disciples who know, love, and serve Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
1. We are to glorify God.
- "Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever." [Westminster Shorter Catechism]
- "Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
[1 Corinthians 10:31]
- Our duty as a church is to delight in God.
- The essence of what it means to love God is to be satisfied with Him.
- The enjoyment of God glorifies His worth most fully.
2. We glorify God by making disciples.
- "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." [Matthew 28:19-20]
- A disciple must KNOW Christ.
- A disciple must LOVE Christ.
- A disciple must SERVE Christ.
3. In the power of the Holy Spirit.
- "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. [John 15:5]
- The vine is Christ.
- I am the branch.
- The Holy Spirit is the sap that runs from the vine into the branch.
- The branch lives, grows, and bears fruit not by struggles and effort by simply by abiding.
- "Without the Spirit of God we can do nothing. We are as ships without wind or chariots without steeds. Like branches without sap, we are withered. Like coals without fire, we are useless." [Charles Spurgeon]